*Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only this application method will be considered.*
Under the USAID-funded Niti Sambad project, the National Democratic Institute (NDI) engages with Nepali political parties to improve structures, promote inter-party dialogue and increase the political participation of women, youth and other minority groups. As part of this effort, NDI-Nepal has established the Women’s Mentorship Program (WMP), a multi-party coalition of over 100 women political leaders to bring forward the issues faced by women, such as economic empowerment. The WMP has built the basis for a broad stakeholder coalition by successfully reaching out to key partners and stakeholders, strengthening their collective and individual networking and advocacy skills. Moving forward, NDI-Nepal now aims to assist the WMP in transitioning the group to an independent loose network.
For this specific purpose, NDI-Nepal seeks an organizational development consultant to provide tailored technical assistance in taking the WMP through the various transitional stages required to become an independent loose civil society network. In particular, the consultant will: provide expertise in developing a purpose, vision, goals and a constitution for the network, provide guidance in establishing an executive committee; help develop fundraising and communications capacities, develop relationships with partners and stakeholders, and provide support in building an accounting system.
The international consultant will be responsible for the following tasks and deliverables:
- Participate in introductory meetings with NDI Nepal staff and WMP mentors;
- Provide online expertise for up to six planned WMP meetings and up to six anticipated meetings of an executive body;
- Provide online support in the development and review of all prioritized documentation as required, including annual workplan and communications plan; and
- Draft a final strategic report with recommendations for the WMP.
Note: depending on the overall health situation in Nepal regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, it is possible that the deliverables stated in this Scope of Work may be delivered virtually only. In such circumstances, the time taken to deliver each deliverable within each section will be longer.
- It is expected that the consultancy will be delivered during the period August 2021 to mid-April 2022.
Interested applicants should respond to email@example.com