Internews South Sudan works with multiple partners to implement several media development projects. We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough and organized construction project manager to oversee project design, evaluation, implementation and handover for local partners in South Sudan. The projects will be implemented in Juba, Kapoeta and Abyei.
The construction Manager is primarily responsible for program planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating, conducting surveys designs, feasibility studies, site selections and documentation of infrastructure constructions and contract management. She/he will also provide management and technical support to the construction activities to selected Internews partners in South Sudan
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Construction site selection and relevant documentation for required construction scope of works
- Develop request for bids for construction work for Internews partners in consultation with beneficiary partners and Internews South Sudan management team.
- Compile and plan budgets, cost estimates, and other financial estimates for the projects
- Develop construction project with selected architect and engineers in line with required funder regulations.
- Coordinate, plan, and manage schedules for contractors and subcontractors
- Manage ordering and manage materials and equipment
- Provide internal reporting and projections for inventory
- Oversee and supervise construction project progress and provide reports on timeline, progress, and adjustments
- Prepare funder reports to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized, while ensuring the partners needs and wants are efficiently met.
- Ensure all legal and donor requirements, building and safety codes, safety inspections, city guidelines, and local and state regulations are met
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture, or related field from an accredited university
- Proven experience as a construction manager or in a similar position in construction management. Knowledge in construction management in donor funded projects a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry, specifically in South Sudan.
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of construction projects in developing world contexts including the management and quality assurance of contractor performance.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to manage multiple projects at one go in different locations within South Sudan with complex logistical access.
- Availability and willingness to travel and work in rural areas/harsh climatic conditions where the project is implemented.
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Fluency in spoken and written English, good report writer.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Goal-oriented and organized leadership
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred
- Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules
- Knowledge of South Sudan and federal building code regulations required
- Knowledge of Arabic desirable
Note: This position is posted in a High or Extreme Physical Risk location. Conditions in the field may include, but are not limited to the following: compound living quarters, limited mobility outside of designated areas, limited in-country medical care or pharmacy, limited access to fresh fruit and vegetables, limited access to high speed internet, dress code requirements, unaccompanied posting, and required advanced safety and security training. If selected for an interview for this position, ensure you discuss the specifics of living and working in this unique operating environment and consider them at length during the recruitment process.