Background/IRC Summary: “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.” (Albert Einstein) The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview/Summary: The Compensation Associate will work as a member of the Global Compensation and Benefits team to assist in the administration of the IRC global mobility and compensation programs in more than 40 countries in which the IRC operates. The Compensation Associate will work closely with the compensation team to implement and manage strategic compensation solutions that aid in attracting, retaining and rewarding staff. The Compensation Associate will play an integral part in ensuring efficient stewardship of the global mobility program.
- Assist with all aspects of international assignments including relocation, on-going assignment management, and repatriation by working with international staff and various departments in the IRC
- Prepare assignment letters and assignment cost estimates
- Conduct assignment briefings during the employee onboarding process
- Collect, maintain, and report on international assignment data
- Assist with international assignment expense management, including processing vendor invoices
- Keep information on company intranet up-to-date
- Submit data for salary surveys
- Assist in updating salary structures, salary planning processes, and benchmarking requests
- Contribute to HRIS (Workday) projects and perform timely audits of employee data to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain compensation balance scorecards
- Assist with preparation of employee compensation communications, presentations, and managerial guides for the implementation of compensation programs
- Provide compensation analysis and data management support for special projects including job leveling, audits, new government-mandated changes
- Proactively identifies issues and recommends actions to address. Make recommendations to improve compensation processes and workflow to increase department’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support the compensation team at meetings and trainings
- Perform other compensation related duties, as assigne
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Preferably in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or International Business
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Compensation/Global Mobility experience required
- Prior experience utilizing analytical skills, including demonstrated data analysis and interpretation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – customer service focus a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable dealing with employees and management at all levels of the organization
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with managing multiple priorities concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in French a plus
- Standard work environment