The Kenya Countering Violent Extremism Activity (KCVEA) will strengthen Kenyan communities’ and government institutions’ motivation and capacity to take the lead on countering violent extremism (CVE) by building the capacity of and fostering strong relationships among individuals, communities, and civil society and county and national government actors.
The Community Mobilization Officers will provide technical assistance to the Program Development Team and will report to the Deputy Chief of Party. S/he will:
- Support situational analysis and activity development, serving as “eyes and ears” on an as-needed basis in communities that KCVEA LTTA staff cannot access reliably.
- Provide updates and analysis of key developments in targeted thematic areas or geographies.
- Identify needs and opportunities and provide relevant information to facilitate the DCOP and CMO’s ability to develop activity ideas.
- Under the direction of the DCOP, develop and maintain relationships with organizations/ actors in key target sectors (e.g. faith organizations, youth groups, women’s organizations, CBOs/local nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), media, local government officials, etc.).
- Meet with partner organizations and attend local grant activities.
- Strong relationships with relevant organizations/ actors in target counties (e.g. youth groups, women’s organizations, CBOs/local NGOs, media, local government officials, etc.).
- University degree preferred (but not required)
- Prior experience with USAID small grants programming preferred.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite) required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
Nairobi, Garissa, Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Mombasa, Tana River, Wajir. Please specify your selected county in the application.
If you believe you qualify for this job, kindly submit your CV and a cover letter indicating your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org