Community Development Researcher
As a Community Development Researcher, you will be responsible for supporting a diverse range of projects providing strategic consulting support in the areas of community development, economic development, and/or affordable housing. You will become an integral part of a team that is developing and offering innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services for multiple federal clients. This position will primarily support contracts with the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Community Services, where ICF provides a wide range of support and services to federal programs working to reduce the causes of poverty, increase opportunity and economic security of individuals and families and revitalize communities. This is an entry-level or early career position located at ICF headquarters.
Your responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Supporting training and technical assistance activities with written reports, web products, guidance resources, and training materials.
- Supporting data collection, analysis, reporting, visualization, quality assurance, and compliance.
- Providing general project support (budget tracking, monthly reporting, invoicing, data analysis, electronic file management, grants management support).
- Providing help desk support, including policy and technical support.
- Assisting with conference and meeting planning tasks, including registration, marketing, and outreach.
- Assisting with webinar planning and logistics, including room assignment, setup of telecommunications, tracking of registrations, and management of call recordings and attendance lists.
- Assisting with video creation and production to support technical assistance activities.
- Learning and utilizing client technical systems, such as GrantSolutions, Swift, On-Line Data Collection System, SharePoint, etc.
- Miscellaneous ad hoc clerical tasks involving filing, labeling, word processing, developing spreadsheets, etc.
- Creating and editing correspondence documents, reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Maintaining up to date grantee list and pulling grantee data and reports from federal systems.
- Maintaining regular reporting and communications—at least weekly—with ICF managers and proactively communicate about workload, questions, and topics for discussion related to strong client support.
- Supporting outreach efforts to communicate policy information, program guidance, and program outcomes, including social media, graphics, dashboards, etc.
- Bachelors degree in Public Policy, Government, Economics, Urban Planning or other relevant field
- Interest in community development
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently – a self-motivated individual who is solution-oriented
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, including the ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with data collection and reporting, and ability to interpret data metrics and identify trends
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)