Community Development Program Specialist (full time position, 6 month + assignment with benefits )
In this short term role, you will provide direct support to the client, the Office of Community Services (OCS) within the Department of Health and Human Services for one of the following programs: Low Income Housing Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) or Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP). Through LIHEAP, OCS provides federally funded assistance in managing costs associated with home energy bills, energy crises, weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs. Through LIHWAP, a new emergency water assistance program to support low-income households who need assistance with their drinking water and wastewater bills, OCS will provide funding to states, tribes, and territories to help reduce household arrearages and rates charged to households for water and wastewater services.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting a variety of activities and projects related to the administration and management of these programs. Supporting LIHEAP and/or LIHWAP grant administration activities, including but not limited to reviewing state plans, providing technical assistance, responding to data calls, assisting with the development of special reports, and participating in all phases of program planning and implementation. You will become an integral part of a team that is developing and offering innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services for a federal client. This individual, under the supervision of their ICF supervisor, will provide direct support to the client. This is a short term, remote position through December 17, 2021 with a possibility to be extended based on client needs.
Your responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Providing technical assistance to grantees, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing state plans and providing detailed feedback to grantees on how to align plans with program requirements and address potential concerns
- Reviewing and providing feedback and support on grantee reports and related materials
- Writing, editing, and reviewing program communications for grantees
- Responding to questions and data calls from grantees
- Developing presentations, reports, tools, and other materials that help support grantees effectively and efficiently administer grant funds
- Developing and providing policy guidance to grantees to ensure that they comply with all program requirements.
- Providing timely written and verbal feedback to grantees on the interpretation of federal laws, regulations, policy, and procedures.
- Writing, editing, and reviewing program communications, including but not limited to program reports, correspondences, memos, PowerPoint presentations, policy guidance, and other documents relevant to program activities.
- Building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with other federal agencies, state, territorial, and tribal grantees, and other key stakeholders.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Maintaining regular reporting and communications—at least weekly—with ICF managers and proactively communicate about workload, questions, and topics for discussion related to strong client support.
- Bachelors degree in Public Policy, Government, Economics, Urban Planning or other relevant field
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Interest in affordable housing and/or community development
- 3-5 years of professional work experience
- Experience supporting, managing, and administering Federal grant programs preferred
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently – a self-motivated individual who is solution-oriented
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, including the ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with data collection and reporting, and ability to interpret data metrics and identify trends
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and outstanding level of professionalism
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)