Communications/Technical Writer, Colombia
DAI is currently seeking a Communications/Technical Writer for the USAID-funded Colombia Natural Wealth Activity. The Activity will focus on protection and enhanced conservation of unrepresented ecosystems and support the Government of Colombia on public policy to improve biodiversity conservation. The Activity will collaborate with public and private actors to improve natural resource management and conserve biodiversity at the regional and local level through conservation stewardships, payment for environmental services, and the development of new economic opportunities for the rural communities supporting these conservation efforts.
- Develop and implement program communications strategy
- Prepare drafts in English of technical deliverables, reports, work plans, schedule of upcoming events, bullets and newsletters
- Support the preparation of reports, including designs, images and other resources and in accordance with USAID branding guidelines
- Assist in English translation of documents, forms and reports required by the program
- Provide high level editorial assistance to the publication of all project reporting and communications.
- Design and implement online knowledge sharing platforms
- Oversee adherence to the project’s approved Branding and Marking plan as well as alignment with other relevant USG communications protocols.
- Preparation of additional English written communications tools required by the program as needed
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in both English and Spanish required
- Graduate level education in communications, journalism, international development, marketing, or other relevant field.
- Experience in communication activities, preferably in the areas of biodiversity conservation, environment-based economic opportunities, and land-use planning.
- Familiarity with USAID programs and policies
- Proven experience creating reports for government institutions
- Regional experience in South America
- Highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines