Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Communications Strategist candidates for the USAID-funded Strengthening Livelihood and Resilience Activity in Democratic Republic of the Congo. The purpose of the Activity is to improve resilience capacities in vulnerable households and communities to enable people, households and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability. This project will be implemented in the DRC Resilience Focus Zone, specifically, Ituri Province.
The Communications Advisor will support the overall communications approach of the Activity, including developing contacts with local stakeholders, communicating program messages, designing outreach strategies to support technical activities, updates, and information, and developing program communications products such as success stories and other promotional material, and managing social media outlets. S/he will develop success stories for submission to USAID, contribute to program reports, and conduct special research on issues deemed important to the project, such as in the areas of gender/youth/vulnerable groups inclusion. S/he will ensure that the language and approach used in project documents, manuals, guidelines and toolkits are appropriate for audiences in different social and cultural contexts.
The successful candidate will offer a proven track record of designing and overseeing effective communications plans that support complex resilience programs, including the application of digital tools and creative communication methods in a dynamic operating environment, as well as proven experience to implement effective outreach and communications strategies in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Additionally, s/he should possess:
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as communications, public relations, international development;
* At least five years of demonstrated experience in a relevant role, on technical programs related to resilience, agriculture (value chain or agri-business, sustainable food systems development, land formalization and titling, and market systems) food security, livelihoods and land governance a plus. Familiarity with USAID or donor-funded development projects a plus;
* Demonstrated ability to develop and lead effective public outreach campaigns, ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams, experience adapting multi-media messages for a diverse range of stakeholders, and demonstrated ability to train and build capacity for advocacy;
* Experience in Ituri or similar context strongly preferred;
* Excellent oral and written skills in English and French;
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
* DRC nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.