Resonate Global Mission, the mission agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has part-time (7.5 hours/week) opening for Communications Specialist for the Western Canada. The position will develop contextual strategies that catalyze the development of mission-shaped congregations, missional leaders, and holistic mission networks and connect global and local partners for mission in their local context and/or ministry focus area.
To apply, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by July 10, 2019.
1. Participate on the Regional Mission Team, work together to cast vision, develop strategy, and set goals for mission-shaped ministry in the region, in collaboration with local and global partners. Includes monthly meetings with the RMT, either by video-conferencing or face-to-face gatherings.
2. Gain and maintain familiarity with the missional landscape of Western Canada as it pertains to the work of the RMT among established churches, church plants, campus ministries, missional projects, and “global doorways” (i.e. the many ways Resonate in Western Canada connects to global and overseas mission).
3. Assist the Western Canada RMT in best practices and platforms for communication and clarity internally among the team (internal communication currently includes email, shared google documents, a facebook messenger group, monthly zoom meetings, 1-2 face to face team gatherings per year).
4. Assist the Western Canada RMT in best practices for gathering and communicating stories of mission relevant across the region (including our regular Western Canada newsletter, Classis presentations, and other communications currently being utilized).
5. Develop new practices, campaigns, and strategies for communication in collaboration with the Western Canada RMT (possibly exploring how to best use and select social media platforms, help with developing vision and content for our Western Canada regional web page, etc.)
6. Work in concert with the Western Canada RMT as well as in cooperation with Advancement and Ministry Services (AMS – particularly with the Communications Department) and the Mission and Innovation Team (MIT) to support and promote the work of Resonate Global Mission both regionally and globally.
7. Maintain the postures of Resonate Global Mission including a commitment to contextually driven missional ministry, diversity, postures of listening, etc.
8. Other duties and tasks as assigned by the supervisor as the Local Mission Leader role evolves and develops in Resonate Global Mission.
1. Be a member of a Christian church and agreement with the Statement of Faith documents listed in the Covenant for Officebearers for the CRC.
2. A proven, mature Christian leader in their community of faith.
3. Wholly committed to the mission of God through His church, with a heart for the lost and a passion to reach people with the Gospel and be part of the Kingdom movement of God
4. Spirit led person of prayer and discernment who can lead others in this discernment process
5. Awareness of and willingness to continue learning about the missional context in North America and around the world
6. Catalytic leader, with demonstrated ability in vision casting, leadership, team building, coaching, collaboration, and networker, active and influential in their local setting
7. Creative, adaptive and flexible, able to be a non-anxious presence amidst diversity and ambiguity
8. Personally motivated and a self-starter, with demonstrated ability to accomplish goals and produce results with little direct oversight/management
9. Works across systems and partnerships with ease, building trusting relationships with a variety of partners to build synergy, significant consensus and communal identity
10. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and to racial reconciliation and to enfolding and empowering members of racial and ethnic communities within and outside the CRCNA.
11. Displays a mature awareness and engagement of cross-cultural sensitivities
12. Able to use technology effectively and consistently in order to contribute to the health of a distributed staff network
13. Effective oral and written communication skills
14. Strong interpersonal and relational skills with a servant heart
1. Experience in communications and marketing in formal or informal settings
2. A minimum of three years ministry leadership experience with demonstrated fruitfulness in global and/or local missions and ministry where they are currently serving
3. Coach training, or willingness to participate in coach training, required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. Will be working out of a home or local office and must have access to reliable internet for video conferencing.
2. Able and willing to travel as needed to meet duties