MSI is seeking a Communications Specialist, with demonstrated experience in working with diverse stakeholders, including USAID, local organizations, international NGOs and contractors, and host-country government officials. This role will be responsible for designing and implementing comprehensive, context specific communications strategies.
- Lead the communication strategy of the USAID Monitoring and Learning Initiative.
- Formulate mission wide messages and implement development, outreach and communications efforts to increase awareness of USAID assistance programs in Ukraine.
- Responsible for crafting press releases, contacting media, working with vendors, providing videography and photography services, addressing outreach on social media platforms, increasing or improving outreach, editing public documents, disseminating information and the USAID story.
- Responsible for putting together events and activities, for public consumption and/or learning, such as retreats or surveys.
- Research and write success stories about USAID activities.
- Manage any communications-related to this specific contract and the programs which are to be monitored.
- Edit reports and deliverables developed for the client.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (preferred) in international development, foreign affairs, communications, marketing or journalism, or a related field.
- At least four (4) years working in communications, journalism, or public relations.
- At least two (2) years working in international development required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and/or external parties including donors and implementing partners desire
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office for reports, document preparation, and presentations required.
- Prior experience working as a communications specialist on USAID programs is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with monitoring, evaluation and learning is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Ukrainian is required. Russian is a plus.