At ICF Next, we change lives, strengthen communities, stretch minds and shape history. We’re devoted to finding better ways to innovate solutions for a healthier planet, addressing the opioid and drug overdose crises, unleash new energy solutions and improve the quality of life worldwide. What we do matters and that inspires us each and every day.
ICF Next is looking for a seasoned, highly motivated, and savvy Senior Transportation Communications Specialist. The candidate will develop and execute earned media strategies and tactics that help clients meet their critical communication, public relations, public awareness, and business goals. Strong candidates will have deep experience in public and/or commercial communications with skills in the following areas:
- developing strategic media plans, fostering relationships with local, regional, and national media outlets and journalists;
- message development and delivery to targeted audiences;
- issues management and crises communications planning and execution;
- counseling clients in managing negative news cycles;
- working relationships with journalists who cover transportation and/or government affairs preferred;
- innovative techniques for generating earned coverage nationally and locally; and
- media training/coaching
This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities and the chance to work in a dynamic, collaborative, and uniquely positioned organization. The incumbent will be based out of Raleigh, NC.
*** This position is temporarily based from home due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We will continue to make decisions pertaining to office access based on public health directives and guidance, practicality, and overall business requirements.”
- Develop and implement messaging strategies that advance the public’s and stakeholders’ understanding of the client’s policies and public education efforts.
- Develop and implement strategies to generate earned media outcomes that amplify impact and bring clear results for our clients.
- Serve as a key strategist and team member in managing issues or crises.
- Maintain and foster client relationships and manage expectations.
- Stays abreast of current transportation industry trends among key stakeholders, partners, and media professionals.
- Serve as a member of ICF Next’s Media Relations Practice and interact with media experts across the company.
- Collaborate across disciplines and serves as a communications expert, when applicable.
- Must be an industry leader with 8+ years of experience in developing information and education campaigns, preferably in a firm or government agency.
- Experience working directly for/with transportation-related organizations or government agencies
- Substantial knowledge of marketing, public relations, and integrated media.
- Experience with multichannel media approaches and media pitching.
- Experience providing senior counsel in a client environment is required.
- Demonstrated experience, results, and relationships with associations, advocacy organizations, and journalists is preferred.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Client Office (NC88)