Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is seeking to hire a qualified Communications Expert for an anticipated $10-25 million USAID-funded activity to support a fully digital land record in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan.
The purpose of the activity is to support the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to institute an efficient, transparent, and accessible land record. The activity will be implemented in selected Newly Merged Districts in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
A digital land record will help improve land management and local planning, mitigate land disputes, support enabling conditions to access credit, and improve the ability of the Government to provide services to its citizens.
We are looking for candidates with expertise in:
- Developing high-quality and culturally appropriate Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) campaigns to educate local communities about the benefits of land registration;
- Developing innovative outreach and awareness-raising campaigns and information dissemination approaches to reach marginalized and vulnerable groups using media channels adapted to local environments;
- Drafting and disseminating communication products (USAID experience preferred) about project activities and successes to project partners, stakeholders, and USAID;
- Monitoring and evaluation of communications activities and impact, and adherence to USAID branding and marking guidelines;
- Engaging diverse stakeholders from the public and private sectors to coordinate communication efforts.
- Coordinating closely with technical staff to ensure the sharing of project tools, approaches, and materials with wider audiences; and
- Providing content for dissemination on digital platforms, including web and social media sites, and other local mediums (e.g. newspapers, radio), and repurposing project information and materials to meet differing needs.
- Demonstrated experience in SBCC, including the use of new and emerging communication technologies to reach audiences effectively and at scale, and in assessing knowledge sharing needs and identifying appropriate dissemination activities;
- Successful planning, facilitation, and management of events including stakeholder/audience consultation workshops, materials/product pretesting activities, focus groups, meetings, conferences, and program launches.
- More than five (5) years of relevant experience and skills related to the area of specialization;
- Fluency in English required, and Pashto language skills strongly preferred;
- University degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. communications, public affairs, marketing, political science or public policy), Master’s degree preferred;
- Ability to be based in Peshawar and travel throughout the Newly Merged Districts;
- Ability to distill and present highly technical information into digestible, succinct, clear messages for high-level government audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead effective public outreach campaigns;
- Excellent strategic writing, editing, and speaking skills; and outstanding interpersonal and intercultural skills.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is July 6, 2020.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.