Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and ability to fulfill this role.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting a Communication Officer to support multiple programs and projects within our Programs and Innovation division, including:
- Center of Digital and Data Excellence (35%). PATHs Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) is dedicated to accelerating the digital transformation of global health and utilizing high quality data to further improve health outcomes. Our work spans the entire systems strengthening lifecycle from advancing global, regional and national digital health agendas to supporting the deployment and long-term use of these systems.
- Market Dynamics (40%). PATH works closely with both public- and private-sector partners to understand markets and address inefficiencies so that appropriately designed, high-impact products are produced and distributed at affordable prices and through the best distribution channels to meet demand. Our work helps ensure that medicines, vaccines, diagnostic tools, and medical devices reach the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our expertise in market dynamics includes analyzing current market operations, supply and demand forecasting, supply chain analysis, modeling the impact and cost of new health products, and developing and implementing strategies to strengthen markets.
- Primary Health Care (25%). Operating at the nexus of product development and system innovation, we work with countries and partners to reimagine primary health care through a people-centered, data-driven approach that gives everyone a fair chance at health and well-being. PATH’s Primary Health Care program, which includes teams focusing on Early Childhood Development; Health Systems, Innovation, and Delivery; HIV and Tuberculosis; Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Nutrition; Noncommunicable Diseases; and Sexual and Reproductive Health. PATH’s PHC program also supports and interacts with PHC, health systems strengthening and universal health coverage efforts across the organization.
- Develop and support the implementation of communications strategic plans and activities to support programmatic goals, including increasing awareness, mobilizing resources, and shifting the policy landscape.
- Develop, maintain, and build strong relationships with PATH colleagues and stakeholders; establish credibility as a domain-knowledgeable thought partner and leverage community to source content in-line with programmatic objectives and priorities.
- Develop, manage, and implement a portfolio of communications activities that align with programmatic strategies and are coordinated with project workstreams.
- Contribute to the design of overall programmatic communications strategy and identify and develop collaborations and activities to ensure long-term sustainability and impact.
- Work with technical teams to identify successes and translate into visually and narratively compelling communications materials for external audiences.
- Create and support publication of creative and compelling communications and advocacy materials and content, including fact sheets, web content and articles/blogs, press releases, talking points, routine (quarterly and monthly) donor reporting, strategic documents, scientific publications, case studies and reports, and social media content.
- Ensure that all media and external communications messages and activities are in-line with PATH communication policies; review content to ensure it is on-brand, consistent in style, quality and tone of voice, and in compliance with branding, strategy, and marking plans and policies.
- Support collection, interpretation, and analysis of communications and advocacy metrics; use metrics to proactively inform prioritization of activities for self and team.
- Support and facilitate external events, panels, and webinars.
- Ensure engagement activities and events are following diversity, equity, and inclusion policies.
- Project-manage or collaborate on the production process and work with graphic designers on materials requiring professional design.
- Act as a PATH representative where needed, including delivering presentations about our work.
- Create compelling visual and narrative programmatic stories, and also strengthen team’s ability to tell these stories.