*Applications without cover letters will not be considered.*
PATH is currently recruiting for a Communications Officer to support the institutional communications strategy and collaborate across the department and the entire organization to develop compelling content on all channels, coordinate with media, and amplify PATH’s overall messaging and unique capabilities for external audiences. The Communications Officer will also help build capacity within and among program communicators throughout the organization, and they will play a key role in the support of PATH’s executive team and PATH’s employee engagement strategy.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s PR and Communications Team is part of the Communications & Marketing Department. The department develops the creative strategy, storytelling, messaging, and graphic design that define and shape PATH’s innovation story, build and protect PATH’s brand, positions PATH for business development opportunities, and drives private funding and partnerships to increase the organization’s impact.
- Develop and support the PR and communications team’s media relations strategy and support strategic deployment and management of earned media and digital communications channels.
- Develop, edit, and produce compelling written content to showcase PATH’s experience, expertise, evidence, and impact.
- Provide expert guidance to project teams on the planning and coordination of communications activities and work plans, including developing editorial content and proving media relations and spokesperson support.
- Strengthen communications capacities within PATH, particularly in target countries, for more effective engagement with policymakers, media, and influencers to achieve strategic objectives and raise PATH’s visibility in key markets.
- Track communications metrics and offer analysis to the team, to leadership, and to internal clients.
- Ensure that PATH quality standards are met for materials by helping staff comply with established procedures and processes.
- Participate in team strategy and work plan meetings to contribute toward the development and execution of the team’s objectives and priorities.
- Liaise with other worldwide PATH communications staff to share information, resources, and lessons learned.
- Support internal and executive communications strategies as needed.
- Review and update information on PATH’s external website.