PATH is currently recruiting for a Communications Officer – Content.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We are a global team of innovators working to accelerate health equity so all people and communities can thrive. We advise and partner with institutions, investors, and businesses of all sizes to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. Because better health moves humanity forward.
PATH’s work in India brings governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems. Today, PATH’s India projects focus on TB/HIV, vaccines, nutrition, heath innovation, and more. PATH’s India country program needs compelling content to engage various stakeholders and target groups. Learn more at http://www.path.org/india
Objectives of the Assignment
Under direct supervision of PATH’s Communication Lead and as part of a cross cutting Communication team, the Communication Officer is responsible to ideate, plan, write, edit, deliver, manage and evaluate content on PATH’s activities and projects for various audiences and channels.
Scope of Work
Help develop engaging content for PATH’s various stakeholders, audiences and channels, both online and offline, to achieve key communication objectives by focusing on (but not limited to) achievement of the following results:
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of the organisation’s style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for different channels and audiences of content including online, social media, email, video and print
- Support development of a content strategy that aids communication and influencing efforts, both short- and long-term
- Help develop a functional content calendar that will ensure a regular flow of content for various needs and digital channels of the organization.
- Produce content for multiple digital platforms and channels including the website, email, collateral, social media, and more
- Hire, empanel and supervise external designers, editors, proofreaders, and translators as well as photographers and filmmakers; be an arbiter and creator of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style for the organisation
- Gather data and handle analytics to gauge content effectiveness and make recommendations based on effective analysis of such content metrics
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies as and when needed based on rapidly changing circumstances
- Establish work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content for PATH’s online channels
- Maintain content inventories including photo, video and design assets
- Ensure consistent experience in keeping with the organisation’s style guidelines and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies as needed
- Provide advice, guidance and training on the effective creation, use and dissemination of content to staff
- Work closely with the organisation’s design agency on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels
- Maintain a record of all communication collateral produced and track inventory status of the same
- Visit PATH’s programme areas in India in support of communications objectives and to create relevant case studies
- Maintain a pool of up to date and relevant case studies on different projects
- Any other work as assigned and needed