Position summary & job purpose
Tetra Tech’s International Development Services, based in Arlington, VA, is recruiting for a Communications Manager to support the implementation of USAID’s Urja Nepal Activity. The position is full-time and is contingent upon contract award. The Communications Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
- Ensure that outputs are delivered on time, with high quality and maximum impact.
- Edit technical deliverables (e.g. reports, briefings, etc.) for clarity, messaging, and adherence to USAID branding and style guidelines.
- Design, write and edit a variety of communication products (e.g., activity summaries and outreach materials, including fact sheets, infographics, newsletters, one-page syntheses of activity interventions, activity briefers and visuals, etc.).
- Develop written and verbal communications and social media materials on energy issues and topics for diverse audiences, including USAID, U.S. Government and partner government stakeholders.
- Provide logistics and communications support at events, including preparation of press releases, announcements, social media posts, and organize for photography and videography as required.
- Partner with other departments to accomplish project communications objectives.
- Manage project-specific website and social media to include posting content, monitoring activity and followers’ engagement.
- Coordinate external outreach on stakeholder’s activities in consultation with the client.
- Field and respond to incoming requests for information, talking points, and messaging.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- At least five (5) years of experience in communication strategy and product development.
- Master’s degree in international development, communications, journalism, or media, or Bachelor’s degree with 7 years of related work experience.
- Basic knowledge and experience with the energy sector and energy projects preferred, but not required.
- Experience with writing and editing reports for clients preferred.
- Experience working in South Asia is preferred.
- Experience working on USAID or other international development projects and basic understanding of USAID communications protocols highly desirable.
- Native fluency in English is required with strong oral and written presentation skills.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Fluency in Nepali is a plus.
- Graphics development experience is a plus.
Line management responsibility:
Physical demands & work environment:
- Office setting.
- Regional travel will be required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.