Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, is accepting applications from qualified candidates for Communications, Knowledge Management, and Evaluation (CKM&E) Specialist role for the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Financing (WASH-FIN) program based in Washington, D.C. WASH-FIN is a five year, ~$41M project recently awarded to Tetra Tech by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). WASH-FIN seeks to close infrastructure financing gaps to achieve universal access to water and sanitation services through sustainable and creditworthy business models, increased public funding and expanded market finance for infrastructure investment.
WASH-FIN goals include increasing the number of people with access to a safely managed drinking water and/or sanitation services; strengthened capability of governments to track investments in WASH services; mobilized sustained and reliable finance to invest in improved WASH service delivery at the local level; and strengthened ability of USAID and development partners to understand, scale and replicate successful approaches to WASH finance.
In collaboration with project staff, the CKM&E Specialist will be responsible for the development, management, continuous improvement and expansion of the public outreach, knowledge management, and communications function and for monitoring and evaluating project performance against established targets in accordance with USAID and Tetra Tech policies and regulations.
The successful candidate will begin January 9, 2017, report to the COP, and be based in the project’s office in Arlington, Virginia.
* Serve as primary point of contact for all project-related reporting outputs, deliverables, and communications;
* Liaise with WASH-FIN technical staff to analyze data and to include overall progress towards results and trends in relevant project reports and deliverables;
* Manage the production cycle of all deliverables, including: identify, manage, and liaise with editors, graphic designers, and translators; manage to schedules, branding, and quality and style thresholds, assurance and peer reviews; USAID submission and feedback, and dissemination;
* Support development of knowledge-based products that strengthen the project’s overall performance, including best practices, lessons learned, success stories and guides/templates/toolkits;
* Evaluate options for sharing WASH-FIN knowledge products and establish a knowledge platform in accordance with USAID needs, expectations, and regulations;
* Organize a resource library and cloud-based database for WASH-FIN outputs and other tools ensuring client and partner access;
* Support and/or spearhead the conceptualization, organization, and implementation of thought leadership events, workshops, and/or written products for USAID, host country governments, and local stakeholders;
* Manage the SharePoint and Workspace platforms, including setting up new users, training, support, and liaising with Tetra Tech as needed;
* Gather and input Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) data into the established system;
* Include M&E data in all required reports and deliverables (e.g. quarterly reports, annual reports, work plans, among others);
* Update the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) plan;
* Participate in periodic WASH-FIN coordination meetings and other relevant WASH-FIN meetings, as required;
* Other tasks as assigned by the COP.
* Minimum of a Master’s degree in Information and Knowledge Management (IKM), Information Communication and Technology (ICT), Computer Science, or a related field;
* Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in information and knowledge management systems;
* Experience in graphic and web designing and hosting;
* Understanding of database vulnerabilities, maintenance, migration, and replication and information controls;
* Knowledge or background in WASH and/or financing;
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism;
* Availability for periodic short-term international work; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including contact information
* A writing sample of which the applicant is the sole author, no more than 10 pages.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.