SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on SNV’s operations, visit our website: http://www.snvworld.org
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation seeks to fill the following position :
Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Overview of the position
The Communications Expert/Advisor will facilitate and lead strategic communications of RAYEE project of SNV. She /he will be responsible for advocating and disseminating the RAYEE project mission and outcomes for enhanced impact. She/he is to elaborate an appropriate communication strategy that includes identifying and using of appropriate communication tools and disseminating mechanisms as well as knowledge management aspects. She/he is to ensure production of user-friendly, precise, timely, visually appealing and well-written materials and disseminate them to relevant audiences in both print and electronic formats. The officer is expected to develop and design contents for external/internal newsletters, blogs …, coordinating internal and external events ,developing tools to support program teams’ and building the staff capacity on communications and knowledge development. The Communication Expert/Advisor contributes to effective SNV branding and increased internal /external communication and knowledge sharing.
- Elaborate communications strategy for RAYEE project with main objective of disseminating the learnings and thereof sustaining the project interventions.
- Undertake the planning, development and delivery of project internal and external Communications and publications, in liaison with RAYEE project team and SNV responsibilities.
- Responsible for communication and PR management: update of the RAYEE project information on SNV Ethiopia website; coordination of documentation activities; coordination of publications; managing of photo sessions; update of project profiles; printing of PR material; acquiring and archiving RAYEE and /or SNV relevant news and public information.
- Participate in planning and facilitating of promotional events, particularly regarding the presentation of Project’s work and achievements;
- Ensure adherence to best practice and to agreed systems and procedures across the RAYEE project and SNV..
- Handle other relevant project activities as required
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment.
- Bachelor or preferably master’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, International relations, media relations or equivalent.
- Five or more years working in the field.
- Experience with result oriented projects advocacy and learning dissemination.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and adept at juggling multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and logically and undertake independent problem solving.
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Expertise in PowerPoint and Excel for presentations and analyses.
- Proficiency and prior use of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite, specifically In Design.
- Knowledge of social media monitoring and analytics tools.
- Ability to work flexible hours i.e. weekends, evenings when required
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before 6 February 2020