*Please include a cover letter describing your interests in the role.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Communications Associate to be responsible for developing and executing PATH’s communication strategy for the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) program.
This role sits in the Global Engagement & Communications team and will report to the Sr. Malaria Marketing Strategist. They will work in close partnership with the MACEPA program team.
The MACEPA program is a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation-funded effort to end malaria illness and deaths, refine and develop tools and approaches, invest in national programs, and build data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination.
The Global Engagement & Communications team leads PATH’s brand, communications, policy and advocacy, philanthropy, business development and strategic corporate engagement efforts. We tell the story of PATH’s work internally and externally, support the efforts of governments and policymakers around the world to adopt healthy policies, and inspire donors and corporations to partner with us and support our work.
- Work closely with the MACEPA and Global Engagement Leadership teams to help shape the communication strategy, activities, and priorities; develop key messages and materials for target global audiences (e.g. Country partners; donors; corporate partners; etc.); identify communication needs/gaps.
- Formulate, implement, and lead effective communications strategies (e.g. product launch communications plan; a crisis communication plan); ensure that communications are appropriate and compelling for the intended audience and purpose, are clearly and effectively organized and written, and are consistent with stated goals and priorities; liaise with expert reviewers to ensure accuracy and clarity of technical content.
- Ensure MACEPA’s work is well represented/visible at relevant conferences and within relevant stakeholder communities.
- Coordinate across PATH’s Malaria portfolio, the Global Engagement team, and country teams on communications-related activities such as publications, press releases, and presentations to ensure MACEPA representation in all PATH communication channels.
- Author and manage a range of MACEPA materials from concept to completion, including fact sheets, web content, press releases, scientific publications, blogs, social media content, and reports.
- Create and execute effective internal communications strategies to raise awareness of the MACEPA program across other PATH programs and to support MACEPA team communications.
- Direct the work of communication related vendors (graphic designers, editors) producing content for MAECPA.
- Ensure that all media messages and activities are in line with PATH’s communication policies; review all content to ensure it is on-brand, consistent in style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for different audiences and channels including online, social media, email, video, and print.
- Define and track communications metrics and record relevant contact information; analyze effectiveness of communications using qualitative and quantitative tools such as google analytics.
- Maintain content inventories including photo, video, and design assets in an easy to access content management system.
- Maintain a record of all communication collateral produced and track inventory status of event materials, including talking points, slide decks, agendas, invitations, key learnings, blogs, etc.