The Communications Assistant will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager. S/he will:
- Manage project information and communication needs.
- Oversee collection of anecdotal information and other evidence of achievement.
- Use information in TAMIS and MEL reports to compile quick results reporting on program status and impact, including press releases, fact sheets and success stories.
- Provide guidance and support to media components, as needed on activities (Task 1.5) and to media grantees.
- Report program status and impact to various audiences and through a variety of formats.
- Draft and edit social media content (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), and other communication materials that deliver consistent messages with impact, if required
- Work with grantees to provide them with communications su pport
- Aid in production of organizational publications such as the annual report and any other required deliverables
- Other duties as required.
- University degree in relevant field obtained or in progress.
- Minimum of two years of experience in related role required, such as communications for complex development activities in conflict-affected regions.
- Relevant experience working on USAID contract in a related role preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in photography, journalism, social media and networking is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- English language fluency required.
- Local candidates strongly preferred
If you believe you qualify for this job, kindly submit your CV and a cover letter indicating your current and expected salary to email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Deadline to submit your CV is October 31, 2016.