mothers2mothers (m2m) is looking for a strong communicator who is creative and ambitious, with a keen interest in fundraising and building a healthy, equitable future to join its dynamic and high-performing Resource Mobilisation team in the U.K.. This role is critical to our future success and will therefore be hands on, operating within a busy and collaborative team and has the potential for the right person to add real value to our Resource Mobilisation activities. The successful candidate will provide internal and external communications support to the Events, Corporate Partnerships, and European Communications teams, and through the production of engaging and compelling fundraising communications for new and existing supporters, both in print and online. The role is based in London and reports into the Senior Communications and Campaigns Manager.
This will be a fixed term contract for one calendar year.
Key Performance Areas:
Global communications support
- Ensure consistency in branding and m2m messaging across fundraising assets, including brochures, one pagers, pitch decks, invites, and other collaterals.
- Work closely with the Senior Communications Officer in Cape Town to collect and package up powerful and engaging case studies to demonstrate m2m’s impact and stories to our donors and partners.
- Create, manage, coordinate and oversee m2m’s resource mobilisation webpages on m2m’s website.Create content and a calendar for regular newsletters and mailings to our European database, using MyEmma, to profile our activities and/or partners.
- Become the point of contact between the design and RM team for the development of all events, talent, and corporate assets, demonstrating creative flair, graphic design sensibility and project management competencies when liaising with designers
- Support the Senior Communications & Campaigns Manager to deliver m2m’s European media relations strategy, with an emphasis on the profiling of m2m events and partnerships, which will include media list management and liaising with reporters and PR agencies.
- Work with the Digital Communications Officer to conceptualise and create excellent written content to be used across m2m’s digital platforms, including m2m’s website and social media channels, to highlight m2m Europe’s activities and partnerships.
Event communications support
- Working with the Special Events Manager, help create engaging and compelling content and communications for m2m Europe’s key events, including (but not limited to) our annual challenge event, and biannual fundraiser gala.
- his will entail developing copy for a range of assets (brochures, event webpages, etc..) and liaising with the design team to develop visually engaging creative assets (including storyboarding and scripting videos);
- Ensure all feedback from teams is gathered within deadlines and that materials work for both U.K. and U.S. audiences
- Review event materials, including online platforms (JustGiving, Eventbrite, etc) and print materials, to ensure messaging is up to date.
- Manage and create content for m2m’s Strava account to keep followers engaged.
- Work with the Digital Communications Officer to create creative and engaging social media plans and posts for event marketing.
- Create post-event social media reports with communications results and outputs included that will be incorporated in the events team’s pitch deck to attract future event sponsors.
- Provide in-person communications support at events, including leading on live social media content.
Corporate Communications support
- Support the Corporate Partnerships Manager to create and update relevant content for m2m’s digital channels, and for corporate partners (website, social media channels, email marketing, etc…). This will include a mix of direct content creation (writing, social media post drafting, email drafting, asset creation) and close collaboration with colleagues to ensure the necessary content is produced on time and edited to a high standard.
- Provide support for the development and designing of corporate fundraising assets, like sponsorship decks, and outreach emails.
- Conduct corporate prospect research.
- Support with pipeline and account management—using our CRM system (Salesforce) and responding to requests for information.
- Take responsibility for content and amplification relating to existing corporate and talent partnerships. Proactively identify and support with onboarding new partners, in consultation with the Resource Mobilisation team.
- Work closely with m2m’s Patrons and Ambassadors, and their digital and social media teams to create content for online campaigns and engagement.
- Identify and onboard new Patrons and Ambassadors in collaboration with Resource Mobilisation team. Conduct in depth research into prospective talent to ensure the compatibility with m2m’s vision and mission.
- Support on celebrity outreach and engagement.
- Provide logistical support around celebrity site visits in-country.