- Based in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Full time until 31st December 2020
Aus4Skills is the main vehicle to realise the Australian Government’s commitment to improve the quality of Vietnam’s human resources. Aus4Skills is a five-year program which commenced on 1 February 2016.
Aus4Skills manages the Australia Awards Scholarships and the implementation of HRD Components focussing on the development and application of new skills and knowledge acquired by Program participants and the enabling environments for their application, as well as strengthening organisational links between Australia and Vietnam in priority sectors. These Components are:
- Promoting Industry Linkages with Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- Improving Quality in North Western Universities (QUNIS)
- Advancing Women in Leadership (AWIL)
- Supporting Australia’s Broader Interests (ABI)
Aus4Skills also supports the Australian Embassy Hanoi in the implementation of the Australia Alumni in Vietnam Strategy 2016-2021 which aims to connect, mobilise and celebrate alumni in line with Australia’s Global Alumni Engagement Strategy.
Reserved for Vietnamese Citizens
Reporting to the Partnerships and Professional Groups Manager and the Aus4Skills Communications Manager, the Communications and Events Assistant will support the delivery of high quality public diplomacy products and outcomes for the Embassy. Specifically, s/he will support the Partnerships and Professional Groups Manager with events and social media activities and the Aus4Skills Communications Manager in organising the communication-related elements of events and also in identifying and developing good news / success stories – with a specific focus on alumni engagement events and activities. Key duties will include:
- Support the alumni engagement team in organising events, including managing logistics, venues and promotional materials; attending events and processing participants’ evaluations
- Support the alumni engagement team in developing activities to build awareness of, and identify entry points and engagement with, alumni professional groups and stakeholders
- Support the alumni engagement team in implementing communications activities through all relevant forms of media, including social media
- Support the alumni engagement team in designing simple, quality communications materials used for events and promotional purposes in line with appropriate guidelines for the program
- Support the Aus4Skills Communications Manager in communications activities, including the media planning for events and logistics such as arranging journalists, photographers and/or videographers to attend events
- Support the Aus4Skills Communications Manager in liaising with service providers such as designers, printers for the production of communications products as required.
Position Description – Communications and Events Assistant – Hanoi, Vietnam.pdf
We are seeking applicants with relevant tertiary qualifications, in journalism, media, marketing, communications or a related field. The successful candidate will have experience in organising events, including managing logistics and designing promotional material. You will demonstrate experience and knowledge in implementing communications through media platforms including social media. You will demonstrate a high-level of written and verbal communication skills in English. You will have strong interpersonal and networking skills and a good track record in working effectively in a team and independently. The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills, be able to prioritise workload, have a proactive approach to meeting deadlines with limited supervision in a complex multi-tasking environment.
Further enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job number 497719.
Applications close: 5pm (Vietnam time) 5th April 2019.
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives. Coffey has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.