Position Title: Communications and Documentation Specialist
LOCATION: Manila Project Office
SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for managing project communications and documentation requirements, specifically in the design, development and production of Project information, for internal and external dissemination to client, partners, and stakeholders.
All staff members of RTI, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to model RTI’s mission, vision and values.
- Work closely with Project Management, Technical Specialists and Regional teams to gather and synthesize project related technical information and data, and translate and write into suitable language for a lay audience as appropriate;
- Lead in the development and preparation of annual work plans, quarterly reports and other reports to USAID;
- Write articles on project activities including technical notes, best practices and lessons learned, as well as the Project’s article contributions to RTI and USAID publications;
- Identify and recommend appropriate media to publicize and disseminate project related information and materials; supervise development of project materials and publications;
- Advice and build capacities of staff in the preparation of project reports and other project materials;
- Design and develop information and media resource databases for the project;
- Promote knowledge sharing through the organization’s processes, systems and departments/units by developing and strengthening links between them to facilitate exchange of information;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Abilities and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Health, Social Sciences, or other related fields;
- Minimum 10 years of combined relevant work experience in communications, development communications, advertising, print media, journalism, broadcast communications and social media;
- Experience in developing and implementing communication activities e.g., workshops, conferences, fora;
- Experience in a USAID project or a related donor-funded project is highly desirable;
- Fluency in English and excellent written and oral skills;
- Proficiency in the use and application of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel. PowerPoint, Publisher);
- Experience with Adobe PageMaker or similar desktop publishing software an advantage.