World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full-time (32 hrs/wk) opening for a Communications and Development Manager. The Communications and Development Manager is responsible for managing DRS internal audience communication, developing promotional materials, coordinating and developing DRS-related news, stories and photography in collaboration with the Constituency Relations (CORE) team for external audiences, and managing DRS specific fundraising activities.
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by Wednesday, February 5, 2020.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
A. Responsible for DRS internal and disaster partner communications
1. Develop and coordinate the content and publication of the DRS newsletter, three times per year, in liaison with the CORE team and keep the mailing list updated
2. Develop and assure distribution of the monthly Opportunity Link
3. Develop promotional and training materials for disaster partners, staff, and volunteers (e.g. PowerPoint Presentations, videos, brochures, flyers, display pieces and so forth)
4. Create materials for and marketing volunteer workshop content for/to staff, volunteers and for/to churches
5. Promote DRS Sunday to volunteers
6. Engage volunteers to help share the story of DRS
B. Provide DRS-related communication content to the CORE team for external audiences
1. Manage the DRS/CORE Inter-team Agreement for DRS
2. Liaise with the CORE team and source information and stories for communications and fundraising campaigns for North American disasters including the DRS Sunday campaign and press releases
3. Source DRS-related content for the website to the CORE team including the director’s letter, site activities and DRS stories
4. Ensure that a minimum of six effective DRS stories of transformation are produced annually in concert with other DRS staff, ensuring that these stories are uploaded to Newdea and/or shared with the CORE team
5. Maintain picture and video files
6. Develop and maintain social media tools for DRS in consultation with the CORE team
C. Provide development and fundraising activities
1. Develop and implementing grant opportunities with partner organizations and other donor institutions, in collaboration with the director and appropriate World Renew teams.
2. Collaborate with the World Renew Comprehensive Impact Campaign to take advantage of new opportunities for disaster related fundraising.
3. Achieve annual income goals as agreed to in the annual work plan
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and promote a work environment that values diversity, inclusion and equity
3. Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
4. Excellent writing skills with thorough knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and general business English skills
5. Excellent organizational skills with accurate attention to detail and ability to adapt and re-prioritize in an environment that can often be fast-paced
6. Professional, cooperative – a flexible team player
7. Resourceful with demonstrated trouble-shooting and problem-solving ability
8. Possess excellent interpersonal skills in working with internal staff, volunteers and constituents
9. Disciplined, self-motivated work style; able to function competently and productively with limited supervision
10. Knowledge of and interest in social media
11. Advanced computer knowledge of the entire MS Office and Google Suite products including database management/utilization
1. Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in organization communications or grant writing or other related field is required.
2. At least three years of related experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel is expected for occasional meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.