PATH is an international non-profit organization that transforms global health through innovation. We take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines and devices to collaborative programs with communities. Through our work in more than 70 countries, PATH and our partners empower people to achieve their full potential. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) in 2014.The Vietnam country office is committed to respond to community health needs in Vietnam and works in such areas as reproductive, maternal, and child health, TB, HIV, vaccines and immunization, emerging and epidemic diseases, and health technologies. To achieve impact, PATH Viet Nam works across the public and private sectors and focuses on sustainable, system-level changes.
PATH will be implementing the project called “Communities for Healthy Hearts Plus” to collaborate with the health authorities, local stakeholders (both health and non-health sectors) to design a comprehensive approach toward cardio-vascular disease (CVD) risk reduction in the HCMC population, leveraging data and frontier technologies and integrated in both the PHC system and community settings that are sustainable and scalable.
PATH is seeking a Communications and Community Mobilization Officer based in Hochiminh City to provide coordination and monitoring for project activities and implement behavior change communication strategies and community engagement of project activities.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Director, specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as a key communication and community mobilization focal point to provide guidance and oversight for the project communication activities implementation, including communication and mobilization planning, strategies, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Develop communication strategies, target audience profiles, tools and messages in collaboration with local authorities and partners;
- Develop community strategies and mobilize community-based groups such as women’s unions, elderly clubs, and social clubs to participate in CVD risk reduction;
- Provide support to develop work plans and activity timelines;
- Collaborate with health officials and local partner in Ho Chi Minh City for project design, implementation, and supportive supervision and monitoring regarding to project activities
- Develop and maintain an effective coordination with key local stakeholders and partners, including provincial, district, commune health partners, and local authorities regarding project planning and implementation activities.
- Track progress and outcomes from community mobilization and communication activities;
- Serve as the point person for coordinating with national/provincial partners and mass media for communication activities;
- Work with project staff and project partners to identify issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation of communication activities.
- Coordinate with collaborating institutions, clients and partners, the press and media to promote the project’s visibility communication activities and strategies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.