Start date: October 2019
End date: to be determined
Status: Full time
Based in: Mexico City
Prosperity Fund Mexico – Energy Strand
Funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the objective of the Energy Strand is to transform Mexico’s economy through energy-driven low-carbon growth, poverty reduction and generation of new market opportunities. The Strand aims to create this more sustainable and inclusive energy sector by creating a larger pipeline of skilled, internationally certified female and male workers, market-ready female and male-owned small and medium enterprises (SMEs), connected, robust local supply chains, and technically proficient female and male regulators who uphold international standards.
DAI has recently won a four-year contract to deliver the Prosperity Fund Mexico Energy Strand Programme. Over the course of the next four years, DAI will develop 3 locally-run Enterprise Development Centres (EDCs) that will offer targeted workforce skills development, international certifications, apprenticeships, small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) accelerator programs, mentorship, capacity building for energy regulators through trainings, and government-to-government exchanges. The ultimate goal of these Centres is to leverage local content in the Mexican energy sector to create sustainable energy practices, foster cross-sectoral socio-economic development, and generate new market opportunities.
We are looking for a driven and innovative Communications Analyst to support the Communications Lead with programme branding, communications and marketing. The Analyst will help design and implement a strategic communications strategy and employ creative communication tools and solutions to ensure the programme achieves maximum impact at the local, national and international levels.
The Analyst will work closely with the Communications Lead, Team Leader, and other team specialists.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce marketing materials in the form of media posts, success stories, two-pagers, and brochures outlining the Centre service offerings as well as detailing past and upcoming events
- Propose, prepare and review the content of all Centre materials
- Assist with the design, development and management of the Centre website and social media platforms
- Design and support the local and national communications strategies geared at Centre private-sector beneficiaries including small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), large national or multinational organizations, training institutions, associations, and public-sector stakeholders (local, state and national government ministries)
- Manage/support the programme’s public events such as Centre launch events, meetings, workshops and webinars
- Ensure all programme branding and publications comply with the British Embassy and FCO communications requirements
- Liaise with the FCO communications lead as well as DAI’s communications sub-contracted partner, Ogilvy
- Liaise with team technical specialists and analysts to develop content and ensure relevant activities/events are publicized
- Provide ad-hoc written support to the Team Lead, Programme Director and other team specialists
- Interest in the energy sector and desire to use communications to bridge the information gap and help address existing development challenges in Mexico
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a communications role for a large Mexican or international company, donor agency, or government entity
- Knowledge of various social media marketing platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Degree in communications, marketing or another related field
- Ability to write for an international audience. Experience producing communications materials for the British Embassy/FCO and/or other international donors preferred
- Exceptional creativity and ability to design new and exciting ways to tell Programme stories
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.), social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), ability to use basic video editing software a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivation and ability to meet deadlines
- Existing knowledge or ability to determine the Mexican news/media platforms that would generate the greatest impact with local and national program recognition and target usage (specific newspapers, radio programs, etc.)
- Fluency in Spanish and English (written and oral)
- Compliance with DAI ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures
Please note that all profiles are indicative only and therefore subject to change.
Last date for submission of applications is 20th October 2019.