Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and ability to fulfill this role.
Launched in 2016 by UNICEF and the World Bank Group, the Early Childhood Action Network (ECDAN) is a global network that connects, gathers, disseminates, and advocates for cross sector solutions to improve the overall wellbeing of young children and families so that every young child is safe, well-nourished, healthy, happy and learning. Since its inception in 2016, hundreds of members of the ECD community have contributed recommendations for the type of network needed by the ECD community to advance the goals of its agenda – moving from science to scale and accelerating progress towards achieving the relevant Sustainable Development Goals for early childhood development.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Communication and Knowledge Management Lead will be an integral part of the ECDAN Secretariat based in Washington DC. The candidate will serve as an expert resource in helping develop and implement ECDAN’s communication goals and strategies and will be responsible for developing communication material/products and disseminating information and materials across the network. This candidate will also be ECDAN’s lead on ensuring that its website and knowledge and community platform is routinely updated, responsive, and a hub for a thriving, global ECD community.
- Implement the ECDAN Communication Plan for 2021–2023 in accordance with the annual workplan and in line with ECDAN’s Advocacy and Communication Strategy.
- Develop, update and disseminate ECDAN and partner communication material/products through the network’s different channels, according to the communication workplan for the year.
- Develop targeted content and communication through periodic newsletters, reports, blogs, website news features, and social media for different stakeholder groups.
- Coordinate and collaborate with communication focal persons from other global and regional networks and partners to co-create and co-develop, relevant and pertinent ECD-related content and collaborate on strategies for dissemination.
- Work together with the advocacy lead to create messages concepts, strategize on advocacy communication, and promote and ECDAN advocacy campaigns to best communicate initiatives and opportunities.
- Manage and ensure quality and ECDAN branding consistency is retained across all its platforms.
- Define and implement strategies to grow ECDAN’s presence in existing (i.e., Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube) and new social platforms, and develop opportunities for increased partner engagement.
- Monitor Social media channels for growth and impact.
- Ensure that all of ECDAN’s activities across its strategic pillars (Advocacy, Knowledge, & Partnerships) have a communications plan.
- Regularly update and maintain ECDAN’s website and knowledge platform with new and engaging content on early childhood development, including news, webinar announcements, new resources, events, job postings, project updates, new members, etc.
- Increase early childhood development content uptake by network partners and members, early childhood workforce, policymakers and other audiences.
- Keep current with emerging digital trends, and technologies — both inside and outside the early childhood development sector — and provide guidance for new tools and technologies to be incorporated into ECDAN to increase digital knowledge presence.
- Work with relevant team members to conduct regular evaluations of communications and knowledge management outcomes, by leveraging analytic tools to provide reporting and insights, track and improve metrics, and influence testing and strategy.
- Monitor website and social media statistics along with relevant team members, develop quarterly reports, and provide recommendations to increase online traffic and engagement.