PATH is currently recruiting for a Commercialization Officer. This position reports to the Deputy Director, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health & Nutrition- India.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
- Lead the design and implementation of agri-nutrition related projects including fortified rice project through social safety net programs and open market. This will include marketing strategies to enhance uptake among consumers and beneficiaries of these schemes.
- Cultivate opportunities for expanding into additional food aid market and commercial retail channels.
- Support and work closely with central and state government/s to map the rice supply chain and other agri porducts and develop models for distribution of these through public sector programs.
- Expand the distribution channels for fortified rice and agri- nutrition products in India.
- Expand production base of Fortified Rice Kernels (FRK) in Myanmar
- Manage relationships with fortified rice and fortified rice kernels (FRK) manufacturing partners in India, identifying bottlenecks and developing solutions for their sale and distribution of fortified rice in the country.
- Cultivate relationships with key raw materials suppliers to the fortified rice manufacturers in India in a manner that maximizes both access (price, availability) and quality.
- Develop a business model for establishing a Regional Technology Transfer Center.
- Support efforts to expand the donor base to the agri-nutrition projects.
- Support the responsible project manager in business expansion activities for fortified rice and agri-nutrition projects.
- Develop case studies and project reports in order to disseminate best practices, as well as further engage entities in the supply and distribution chain, enlist the support of policymakers, and cultivate new buyers. Present findings at relevant meetings and conferences.
- Work closely with Deputy Director, MNCHN to develop and implement detailed work plans, milestones, and outcomes for the envisioned expansion work, ensuring its alignment with the project’s commercialization strategies.
- Cross-functional collaboration with various stakeholders involved in the project – technical officers, finance, government agencies and departments, private partners etc.