International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senegal MEL – CLA Advisor
Department/Location: Dakar, Senegal
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Advisor for an anticipated multi-year monitoring, evaluation, and learning project in Senegal that will include performance management, assessment, quantitative and qualitative research, and CLA components. The position will be based in Dakar, Senegal and is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, refine, and implement a robust learning agenda/framework for continuous learning, collaborating, and adapting for project staff, partners, donors, host country government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Build capacity of staff, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management, and CLA methods as necessary.
- Facilitate collaborative planning sessions to finalize learning activities that address learning questions of relevance to key stakeholders.
- Coordinate knowledge capturing, sharing and strategic learning to speed innovation and bring new innovations to the program.
- Synthesize the findings from evaluations, assessments, special studies, and other sources for use in USAID project designs, communications, stakeholder coordination, and reporting.
- Oversee the compilation and dissemination of information from both quantitative and qualitative data on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to local, national and regional-level intergovernmental bodies, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Promote forums which facilitate collaboration, learning and action as a result of this information.
- Provide capacity building on knowledge management, actionable learning, and adaptive management approaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years’ experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, and/or strategic learning, preferably in an international development context.
- Experience in strategic planning and project design.
- Prior experience with USAID activities, including strong conceptual knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and how that ties into USAID’s CLA framework.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in facilitating groups, meetings, and events (both online and in-person), resulting in collaborative decision-making, agreed upon action items/priorities, and strong outcomes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal, analytical, and training skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French required.
Education: Advanced degree in organizational learning, knowledge management, or other related area of expertise.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in evaluation and analysis of development programs, preferably initiatives funded by USAID.
- Expertise in working with a variety of stakeholders, including host country government personnel, NGO partners, international donor agencies and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative data collection, and experienced in using key informant interviews, focus groups, and interactive tools to generate qualitative information and learning from the data.
- Prior experience working within a USAID mission is desireable.
- Prior experience in Senegal preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel in and around Senegal is essential. An average of 25%-35% travel for project implementation and/or project management duties. Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs. Regional travel may be necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.