QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
QED is preparing to bid on the upcoming USAID/Senegal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. The purpose of this Activity is to provide analytical and advisory services to USAID/Senegal to support project design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and learning. This project will focus on CLA, capacity building, and resilience.
We are seeking a Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Lead to be full time and based in Dakar, Senegal for the duration of this five-year Activity.
- Facilitate strong CLA management practices in USAID/Senegal and the Government of Senegal’s (GOS) business processes and throughout the program cycle
- Foster strong, collaborative relationships with key Mission stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, assist in identifying and responding to key learning issues, and coordinate efforts amongst implementing partners (IPs) working in common Development Objectives (DOs)
- Develop and implement a learning plan for the GoS, the Mission Community of Practice and IPs that outlines key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels
- Support strategic communications, including producing publications and organizing public events with partners and other stakeholders
- Conduct business process re-engineering, including assisting in negotiating change management around monitoring, evaluation, and learning related issues
- Lead facilitation, including facilitating processes and workshops; coordination among implementing partners and other collaborators with the greatest impact on results; and developing product plans for program adaptation
- Support the Government of Senegal and USAID/Senegal’s CLA Community of Practice in identifying needs and providing evidence-based MEL solutions
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country
- Master’s degree in field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business, or development administration; knowledge management; political science; economics or development studies
- Minimum of eight years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning; monitoring and evaluation; project design; facilitation of learning; and knowledge management, including experience in applying learning to improve international development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies
- Previous experience supporting USAID Missions in a similar capacity
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID Evaluation Policy, CLA Framework, J2SR and other initiatives
- Experience working in Senegal or West Africa is preferred
- Oral and written fluency English and French
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.