We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: CLA/Evaluation Specialist
Department/Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: International Business and Technical Consultants Incorporated (IBTCI) is seeking a CLA/Evaluation Specialist to support the USAID/Tunisia and USAID/Libya Monitoring and Evaluation Services (METAL) Project from o/a August 1, 2021 – February 15, 2022. USAID/Tunisia and USAID/Libya require technical support for the achievement of their country strategy goal and development objectives (DOs) by assisting their efforts to gain and apply knowledge derived from monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) to inform their program and strategy decisions. USAID/Libya also requires third party monitoring. In addition to providing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support, the candidate must have knowledge and understanding of USAID’s collaboration, learning and adapting (CLA) framework.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing guidance to USAID/Tunisia and USAID/Libya on monitoring, including data quality assessments (DQAs), evaluations, assessments, and CLA efforts
- Manage the design of methodologies and tool development for USAID evaluations, monitoring, assessments, CLA activities, and monitoring of projects and activities.
- Manage the implementation of monitoring, evaluations, assessments and learning activities
- Develop statements of work (SOWs) for short-term technical assistance (STTA) and sub-contracts, and, as required, for evaluations, assessments, CLA activities, DQAs, and monitoring assignments.
- Ensure agreement with client on all assignment SOWs to ensure METAL fulfills client requirements for all deliverables
- Manage STTA and sub-contractors assigned to evaluations, assessment, monitoring, DQAs, and CLA efforts
- Ensure that short-term technical experts and evaluation and assessment team members recruited under this task order are of high caliber and possess commensurate technical expertise
- Assist and manage evaluations across different sectors, including democracy and governance, economic growth, public financial management, environmental compliance, youth engagement, gender integration, inclusive development, stabilization, and others as required
- Participate in organizational reflection and learning opportunities, such as special studies
- Develop materials and facilitate training of USAID and implementing partner staff in various MEL subjects
- Lead and/or participate in after action reviews and partners’ meetings
- Ensure CLA is incorporated into research design and methodologies
- Facilitate collaborative planning sessions to finalize learning activities that address learning questions at the mission
- Expand the network of professionals and institutions that collaborate on performance management and evaluation and assessment tasks for the contract
- Serve as the project Security Focal Point and liaise with the HO Security Director
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least (8) eight years with a Bachelor’s managing, leading or participating in monitoring, evaluation, and assessment assignments for international development donors, including experience with MEL training, and USAID programming; or (6) six years with a Master’s.
- Demonstrated experience carrying out evaluations and assessments to inform design and management decisions and keep assignments on track towards delivering timely, high quality deliverables to the client
- Demonstrated experience leading a multidisciplinary, cross-cultural team in quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
- Excellent organizational and English writing skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver a quality written product that meets client standards
- Excellent English oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Oral and written fluency in English at Level 4 by the International Language Roundtable
Education: Master’s degree in either economics, business administration, international development, social science research, data analytics, or related field of study. Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of relevant experience.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Proven experience monitoring and evaluating complex donor-funded development programs
● Proven experience in strategic planning, evaluation and assessment design, data quality assessments, and MEL capacity building
● Strong background in evaluation and analysis of development programs, preferably those funded by USAID
● Knowledge of USAID ADS 201, USAID Program Cycle, Learning Lab resource platform, and monitoring, evaluation, and CLA toolkits
● Fluency in French or Arabic is preferred but not required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: An average of 5-10 percent travel within Tunisia for assignment implementation and/or assignment management duties may be required, including to fragile and conflict affected areas of the country. Percentages may vary depending on METAL’s needs.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).