Scope of Work
CM4FP and R4S Project Management Consultant
PSI seeks a fulltime, fixed term Project Management Consultant to provide overall coordination and project management support for two different research-focused projects: the Consumer’s Market for Family Planning (CM4FP) study and Research for Scalable Solutions (R4S) project.
CM4FP is focused on three strategic BMGF countries – Kenya, Nigeria and Uganda – this project is testing a new methodology for measuring contraceptive availability and market dynamics and their localized impact on family planning (FP) uptake. The study has produced data and now we are moving into the delivery phase of the project, focused on analysis and dissemination of results, with a project end date of July 2020.
R4S aims to generate and support utilization of evidence to increase access to voluntary sexual and reproductive health services and improve healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies in low-and middle-income countries in sub-Saharan Africa, Asia and the Caribbean. The project is in year 2 of 5 and requires a project manager who can maintain its momentum and continue to drive strong relationships with partner organizations over the next 6 months.
CM4FP Program Management Needs
Activities and responsibilities include:
- Support the CM4FP project to successful completion within the agreed timeline and budget.
- Financial management and monitoring, working with the financial analyst to provide regular burn rate analysis, drafting quarterly and ad hoc financial reporting
- Streamline project operations, develop, manage and monitor workplans with the team
- Lead on consultant and agency procurements
- Provide ongoing backstopping support to consultants, such as modifying agreements as needed, coordinating invoice approvals, managing SharePoint / Teams access, etc.
- Responsible for knowledge management, file organization and managing access
- oversee production and submission of agreed deliverables to the donor in a timely fashion.
- Support robust internal project operations, including task and time management as necessary; ensure clear communications within the project team
- Contribute to donor reporting by drafting, editing and/or coordinating annual narrative reports and other project deliverables
- Advise Deputy Director, SRH and CM4FP team members on relevant issues and developments as they arise across the project
- Fulfill other programmatic and administrative functions as required
- There may also be the opportunity to lead or contribute to academic manuscript preparations for the right candidate
- Team workplans, with regular progress reports to project leadership
- Financial reporting summaries
- Drafts of annual narrative reports and other project deliverables as requested
- Other deliverables as requested
R4S Program Management Needs
Contracts & Compliance
- Preparation of bi-annual narrative reports
- Ensure D-Tracker reporting is completed
- Prepare annual cost-share report
- Update Award Compliance Brief
- Ensure contract compliance including USAID branding & data access guidelines
Budgeting & Financial Management
- Review monthly invoices & financial reporting
- Coordinate with finance on budget and report preparation/review and ensure on-time submission
Modifications & Addendums
- Coordinate with Prime Recipient and Donors to revise and amend SOWs
- Collaborate with finance team to ensure budgets and project codes are updated to reflect changes to project SOWs
- Ensure PSI’s internal processes for review/approvals are followed and documented
- Work with PMT, Prime and others to set-up any required sub-awards
- Ensure flow-down of USAID provisions
- Manage ongoing sub-awards (with support from PMT/sub-award manager)
External (Donor & Prime) Relationship Management
- Update LT meeting agendas
- Attend LT meetings
- Coordinate updates from Activity Team Leads
- Attend key Activity Team or other meetings
- Be first port-of-call for communications from project Prime, this includes resolving questions regarding budgets, timelines, deliverables, and changes to the project SOW
Anticipated Level of Effort and Timeframe:
This role is expected to be full time, 40 hours per week, divided evenly between CM4FP and R4S, from February 2021 to end July 2021 (with the possibility of extension).
- At least three years of relevant project management experience required, including financial management and compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and manage competing priorities through proactive communication and effective multi-tasking
- Experience working on relevant donor-funded development and/or global health projects (e.g. CIFF, BMGF, USAID, etc.)
- Familiarity with family planning research or programming is a bonus
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work well in teams required
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical/problem solving capabilities
- Advanced skills in Excel, word processing, budget management and monitoring, and data analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English
Please submit your application by 5pm EST, Friday, February 19th 2021
Your submission should include a current CV, your proposed daily rate, and description of your availability during the stated contract period.