Climate Change Programme Manager – International Development
Location: London or Brussels
ICF is a leading provider of consulting services and technology solutions to governments and commercial clients in the United Kingdom, Europe and globally. Since 1969, we have combined a passion for our work with deep industry expertise to tackle our clients’ most important challenges. With more than 6,000 employees, we serve government and commercial clients from more than 70 offices worldwide. ICF’s website is http://www.icf.com
The ICF International Consulting Division within ICF’s Europe & Asia Group works for international aid agencies, such as the European Commission, the Foreign Commonwealth Development Office in the UK , and other financing organisations such as the World Bank and Asian Development Bank. The division carries out international development programmes and projects that promote inclusive economic growth, prosperity and resilience, supporting clean energy, a sustainable environment and social needs. Our team in based in London, Brussels, Deli, Kathmandu and Beijing.
ICF brings in-depth experience in delivering policy dialogues, policy support, and technical assistance in key thematic areas of relevance for the implementation of the Paris Agreement, including climate diplomacy, mitigation, adaptation and long-term planning.
We are hiring a Climate Change Programme Manager who is interested in managing programmes in ICF climate portfolio worldwide. The position includes supporting the European Climate Pact, which is an EU initiative encouraging citizens and organisations to participate in climate action as part of the European Commission’s objective to achieve a climate-neutral EU by 2050.
- Support the European Climate Pact Secretariat.
- Identify and contribute to business development and marketing opportunities
- Win, implement and manage climate related programmes for multilateral and bilateral donors, EU Commission and/or UK Government and/or in particular
- Develop expertise and intellectual property within the company on climate and environmental sustainability topics and issues
- Support mid-level and junior consultants with guidance and supervision of their outputs.
- Experience in from project management position, responsible for delivering results, outputs and managing relationships with key clients
- Experience in setting up and operating project management systems across multi-disciplinary teams and work packages, including risk management, quality assurance, monitoring and reporting, etc. – Prince 2 or similar certifications desirable.
- Working experience in climate change related issues with focus on policy development, policy dialogue and technical cooperation, preferably
- Degree in climate related studies or a related field
- Strong experience of successfully delivering work in environment development for clients
- Knowledge of DG CLIMA and the European Commission’s climate policies and initiatives, as well as European/international stakeholders in climate policy and action.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- Strong analytical skills in relevant areas
- Ability to lead and work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across several countries and time zones
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines
- Willing to travel regularly internationally
- Ability to work independently and achieve challenging targets
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities.
Team: International Development
Line Manager: VP – International Development
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)