Social Impact is seeking a Civil Society Research Specialist in support of an assessment of USAID/Burma civil society activities. The assessment will involve desk review of relevant program documents as well as interviews with key stakeholders. Due to security restrictions in Myanmar, candidates must currently be located outside the country. This is a fully remote assignment with a period of performance of June through October, 2021.
**Please note: Candidates must be currently located outside Myanmar.**
- Support the development of workplan, including work schedule, methods, and data sources.
- Conduct a desk review and contribute to the development of a desk review report, as directed by the Team Lead, specifically providing support in finding and reviewing relevant documents.
- Support preparation of a data collection plan, with informant lists, data collection instruments, and detailed data collection schedule.
- Administer key informant interviews (KIIs), ensuring all data collection events are carefully documented through detailed notes.
- Support data analysis and drafting of an initial findings presentation and draft/final report, as instructed by the Team Lead.
- Master’s degree in political science, international relations, public policy, sociology, or another relevant field required.
- Minimum five years of experience conducting research, assessments, and/or evaluations.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prior experience in qualitative research and data collection, including literature review, key informant interviews, and focus group discussions.
- Experience conducting research on civil society, media, human rights, democracy and governance, or related topics in Myanmar required.
- Excellent oral and written communication in both Burmese and English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.