Tetra Tech GLS, headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts (http:www.tetratechintdev.com/) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Civil Engineer position on an Asian Development Bank (ADB) funded program in Afghanistan.
The program will consist of an ADB-funded feasibility study and alignment recommendation for the reconstruction and renovation of an existing transportation corridor and tunnel in Afghanistan.
* Responsible for all activities related to the design and renovation of the project’s 2.7km of tunnel civil works;
* Provide detailed designs, safeguards studies, and documentation to ADB and the local Ministry of Public Works (MPW);
*Review of all available reports, maps, studies and other information for the study area, including acquiring relevant satellite and other imaging;
* Provide drawings setting out, for each alignment studied, horizontal and vertical alignments, typical cross sections, pavement structures, general arrangements for all structural elements – tunnels, bridges and other cross-drainage structures, avalanche galleries, retaining walls, and others as required.
* Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related required;
* Professional engineering license preferred;
* At least 10 years of experience in civil/transportation projects, with a particular focus on major road and tunnel works projects, and feasibility studies;
* At least 5 years of experience working on projects located in environments similar to the project area in Afghanistan
* Willingness to work within Afghanistan.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.