Civic Engagement Coordinator, Justice Sector Project, Mali
The purpose of this 5-year USAID-funded Mali Justice Sector project is to enhance efficiency in the justice sector and increase access to justice and to support to the Government of Mali to reduce corruption along the Sikasso trade corridor.
MSI seeks a candidate to support implementation of anticorruption-related project activities particularly with experience working with citizen complaint systems, providing legal assistance to and legal rights education of citizens, developing recommendations and advocating for policy reforms to reduce corruption and improve public service delivery.
**Please note: Only Malian citizens are eligible for these positions**
- Work with local counterpart organizations to establish and manage legal assistance centers – Citizen Advocate Offices (CAOs) – in the Sikasso trade corridor area to provide legal consultations and assistance to businesses and individuals confronted with corruption.
- Assist and oversee CAOs in providing legal assistance services, collecting and analyzing data, developing and implementing legal awareness and education activities, representing citizen grievances with the government, and providing government with recommendations for policies and procedures changes.
- Contribute to other project anti-corruption activities.
- Contribute project planning, monitoring and reporting.
- University degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a relevant field, such as law, civil society, public administration, NGO management or relevant fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Mali, West Africa or other comparable development countries.
- Understanding of gender issues related to democracy and governance, trade and USAID policies in gender equality and women empowerment.
- Demonstrated experience in working with governmental agencies.
- Demonstrated experience working with civil society organizations on legal assistance, advocacy and awareness raising initiatives, preferably related to anti-corruption or access to justice issues.
- Prior experience on a USAID or other international donor-funded anti-corruption, public integrity, government accountability or access to justice project preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken French is required. Fluency in written and spoken English is an advantage.
N.B. This position requires residence in/relocation to the city of Sikasso with intermittent travel to Bamako.