Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is providing assistance to conflict-affected populations through our presence and operations in most major humanitarian emergencies. DRC has been present in Southwest Cameroon responding to the ‘Anglophone Crisis’ since October, 2018. DRC’s emergency response currently encompasses protection, child protection, and emergency shelter and NFI programming.
Overall purpose of the role:
The child protection manager is responsible for overseeing DRC’s child protection programming in NW/SW Cameroon through its Buea office.
- Manage the successful implemention of DRC’s child protection programming in the NW/SW region of Cameroon according to targets and objectives
- Support the devleopment of new DRC child protection projects in line with DRC’s program strategy for the region/country program
- Produce timely internal and external reporting in line with donor requirements
- Collaborate with DRC’s information management officer to successfully monitor and evaluate DRC’s child protection programming outputs/outcomes
- Build program staff technical capacity in line with project requirements.
- Manage DRC’s child protection project budget’s in coordination with the area and support service managers in line with donor requirements.
- Attend relevant external coordination meetings when necessary.
- Ad hoc duties as necessary
To be successful in this role we expect you to have extensive experience in a complex crisis environment and be willing to adapt to a challenging security context. Candidates should have extensive prior experience managing child protection projects in a variety of contexts.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related field, master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience managing protection/child protection projects in complex crises
- Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software i.e. Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Fluent English speaker
- Solid experience in staff management in a cross-cultural environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and support multi-sector programmes including operational planning and problem solving.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Employment band: F – Manager
- Availability: As soon as possible.
- Duty station: The child protection manager is an international position deployed to Buea in Cameroon’s Southwest Region.
- Non-Family Duty Station
- Contract: 6 months – subject to funding, can be prolonged.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered. Please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies
Closing date for applications: 28 February, 2020
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.