The upcoming five-year USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health contract is a monitoring and evaluation activity in Zambia focused on the health sector. The key objectives include the following:
- Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners.
- Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV.
The project is anticipated to begin in April 2018.
SI is seeking a full-time Chief of Party (COP) to propose on our team and manage the eventual USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health contract. This position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia. The COP will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
The COP will be the principal point of contact in Zambia for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for results under this activity. The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID/Zambia and GRZ on technical matters. The COP will be responsible for responding to the COR and USAID/Zambia’s Contracting Officer. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under Contract.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in national health data systems, data management and use, or social science research
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing, and implementing large international development projects with similar depth and complexity to this RFP
- Demonstrated experience working in partnership with host governments, international donors, and implementing partners
- Significant experience with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.