SI is seeking a Chief of Party to lead the contract, provide oversight of all activities, supervise project staff and subcontractors, and manage relationships with USAID, local organizations, and the Government of Tunisia. This will be a full-time position, based in Tunis, for the duration of the contract.
**Please note: Candidates with Tunisian citizenship are encouraged to apply.**
- Serve as Social Impact’s representative and point of contact for the contract, and serve as primary liaison with the USAID/Tunisia COR and Contracting Officer.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, for smooth implementation.
- Facilitate partnerships with civil society organizations, local organizations, and the public and private sectors.
- Manage institutional capacity building activities and technical support services to increase the Mission’s ability to support local organizations, allow for increased CSO relationships with the GoT.
- Supervise and oversee a diverse team, including long- and short-term personnel and expatriate and local staff.
- Manage and oversee the project’s operations, human resources, administration, grants, and financial and contractual accountability throughout the implementation.
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all project tasks, ensuring quality assurance and overall responsiveness.
- Master’s level degree from an accredited university in social sciences or another field relevant to governance, institutional capacity building, or international development.
- At least 10 years in managing and implementing civil society strengthening and/or capacity building programs in similar country contexts.
- Experience leading international development projects in Tunisia, the Middle East, or North Africa.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party on USAID-funded contracts and/or collaborative agreements.
- Demonstrated experience, exemplary management, communication and interpersonal skills, and the capacity to build and sustain partnerships with senior government officials and local partners.
- Prior demonstrated experience managing personnel, funds and resources for multi-year, multi-task projects. Proven successful leadership in an intercultural team environment in a development context. Ability to supervise a team in order to complete tasks on time and on budget.
- Strong understanding of and experience with USAID policies and procedures with regard to human resource management, financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, etc.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French required. Professional proficiency in Arabic preferred Demonstrated ability to exercise overall quality control, meeting high technical and editorial standards in written products.
- Familiarity with the political and economic dynamics of Tunisia preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.