Social Impact is preparing a proposal for an upcoming five-year USAID South Sudan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Project. The MEL Project will support USAID/South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, learn from, and improve USAID-funded interventions. The MEL Project will provide USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party to lead the South Sudan MEL and supervise expatriate and local staff. The COP will oversee the contract and provide overall technical leadership. This will be a full-time position based in Juba, for the duration of the contract.
- Serve as Social Impact’s representative and point of contact for the MEL contract, and serve as primary liaison with the USAID/South Sudan COR and Contracting Officer.
- Manage and oversee the project’s operations, human resources, administration, and financial and contractual accountability throughout the implementation.
- Provide oversight and supervision of the South Sudan office, long- and short-term personnel, and expatriate and local staff.
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all project tasks, ensuring quality assurance and overall responsiveness. Make necessary adjustments to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Provide technical advice and leadership on all technical activities, including the design, methodology, and tools for each activity.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the evaluations and other studies, capacity building approaches, learning events, knowledge management efforts and other technical tasks conducted under this contract.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, for smooth implementation.
- Master’s degree in international relations, economics, political science, public policy, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience providing technical and managerial oversight and direction on international development projects.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the design, implementation, and management of monitoring, evaluation, and performance management, including (but not limited to) indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, performance reporting, evaluation design, evaluation planning, and management/dissemination of evaluations.
- Understanding of USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework, or experience with facilitating workshops, creating learning agendas, implementing adaptive management, and similar activities.
- Prior demonstrated experience managing personnel, funds and resources for multi-year, multi-task projects. Proven successful leadership in an intercultural team environment in a development context. Ability to supervise a team in order to complete tasks on time and on budget.
- Strong understanding of and experience with USAID policies and procedures with regard to human resource management, financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID Evaluation Policy, ADS regulations, and USAID initiatives such as J2SR.
- Demonstrated experience developing long-standing and trusted relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and demonstrated ability to exercise overall quality control, meeting high technical and editorial standards in written products.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party on USAID-funded contracts and contracting agreements, and prior experience managing large and similarly complex USAID MEL support contract preferred.
- Experience working in South Sudan, and with South Sudan’s development challenges preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.