SI is seeking a qualified Chief of Party (COP) to manage the project, supervise expatriate and local staff, and oversee all technical deliverables. The position will be full-time, over the duration of the project, and will be based in Dakar.
- Serve as SI’s POC for the Senegal MEL Support Project and serve as primary liaison with the COR and Contracting Officer.
- Manage and oversee the project’s operations, human resources, administration, and financial and contractual accountability throughout the implementation.
- Provide oversight and supervision of the Senegal office, long- and short-term personnel, and expatriate and local staff.
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all project tasks, ensuring quality assurance and overall responsiveness. Make necessary adjustments to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Provide technical advice and leadership on all technical activities, including the design, methodology, and tools for each activity.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the evaluations and other studies, capacity building approaches, learning events, knowledge management efforts and other technical tasks conducted under this contract.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, for smooth implementation.
- Master’s degree in international development, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in international development, and at least eight years of supervisory experience of both full-time and short-term consultants.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party on USAID-funded contracts and contracting agreements, and prior experience managing large and similarly complex USAID MEL support contract preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the oversight and provision of technical assistance in areas such as capacity building, monitoring and evaluation, organizational development, CLA, knowledge management, and/or performance management.
- Experience in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics.
- Experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis.
- Understanding of USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework, or experience with facilitating workshops, creating learning agendas, implementing adaptive management, and similar activities.
- Demonstrated experience developing long-standing and trusted relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID Evaluation Policy, ADS regulations, and USAID initiatives such as J2SR.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French.
- Experience working in Senegal or West Africa preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.