Chief of Party (COP), USAID Organizational Development Project, Ethiopia
The COP position will begin immediately in Addis Abba, Ethiopia. The position would serve the duration of the project’s 2 year period of performance.
- Serve as principal responsibility for management of all aspects of the contract.
- Serve as the primary point of contract with USAID/Ethiopia on day-to-day basis for contract implementation and management.
- Manage the field office, including supervision of Ethiopia-based expatriate and Ethiopian
- Work with Contractor home office and local office staff to identify and nominate, for USAID approval, technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Ethiopia, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting evaluation and performance management support tasks in accordance with work plan.
- Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other Contractors on policies and services offered by the project.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of evaluation and performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including annual work plans and other reports.
- Master’s degree or higher with a strong focus on research public sector development or relevant subject area of education.
- Possess over 20 years of experience and proven management experience.
- Must have ability to develop project management plans and knowledge management strategies and capacity to design job assessment models.
- Ability to develop public private partnership capacity prograpms with proven OD technical.
- Proven skills in leading organizational development solutions, human resource and/or talent management, coaching and/or counseling, oral and written communication; facilitation; and management skills, particularly skills in adaptive management.
- Experience living and working in developing country environments, preferably sub-Saharan Africa.
- Demonstrated leadership in the management of similar size international donor-supported programs.
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAID program cycle and internal Mission processes
- Experience managing USG-issued contracts or otherwise demonstrated knowledge of USG Federal Acquisition Requirements.
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams in an adaptive environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and rapport building.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.