Social Impact is preparing a proposal for an upcoming five-year USAID Jordan Technical Assistance Program (JTAP). JTAP will transform the organizational culture and capacity within the Government of Jordan ( GoJ ) to successfully implement education and youth reforms supported by direct USAID investment, by providing complementary technical assistance to relevant stakeholders. The project is expected to begin in early 2021.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party to lead JTAP and supervise expatriate and local staff. The COP will oversee see the contract and provide overall technical leadership. This will be a full-time position for the duration of the contract.
**Please note: Candidates with Jordanian citizenship are encouraged to apply.**
- Serve as Social Impact’s representative and point of contact for the JTAP contract, and serve as primary liaison with the USAID/Jordan COR and Contracting Officer.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, for smooth implementation.
- Facilitate partnerships with academic institutions, private sector actors, and non-governmental organizations in the education and youth development sectors.
- Manage institutional capacity building activities and technical support services to increase the GoJ’s ability to meet national education and youth goals and manage USAID direct financial support.
- Supervise and oversee a diverse team, including long- and short-term personnel and expatriate and local staff.
- Manage and oversee the project’s operations, human resources, administration, and financial and contractual accountability throughout the implementation.
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all project tasks, ensuring quality assurance and overall responsiveness. Make necessary adjustments to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in education, youth development, organizational development, international development, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience providing technical and managerial oversight and direction on international development projects in the education, youth, government capacity, or related sectors.
- Minimum 5 years leading international development projects in Jordan, the Middle East, or North Africa.
- Prior demonstrated experience managing institutional capacity assessment and capacity building programs/projects.
- Demonstrated experience developing long-standing and trusted relationships with clients and stakeholders, especially government partners and officials.
- Prior demonstrated experience managing personnel, funds and resources for multi-year, multi-task projects. Proven successful leadership in an intercultural team environment in a development context. Ability to supervise a team in order to complete tasks on time and on budget.
- Strong understanding of and experience with USAID policies and procedures with regard to human resource management, financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, etc.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party on USAID-funded contracts and contracting agreements.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic. Demonstrated ability to exercise overall quality control, meeting high technical and editorial standards in written products.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.