SI is seeking a Chief of Party to lead and manage the project administratively and technically, providing oversight on all activities. This is a full-time position, expected to be based in Addis Ababa for the duration of the contract.
Anticipated start date would be summer 2021.
- Serve as principal responsibility for management of all aspects of the contract.
- Serve as the primary point of contract with USAID/Ethiopia on day-to-day basis for contract implementation and management.
- Provide strategic vision and overall leadership, and ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high quality services from Ethiopia long-term staff and short-term consultants.
- Supervise the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the contract.
- Provide strategic technical advise and quality assurance on activities.
- Master’s degree or higher political science, public administration, international development or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience providing technical and managerial oversight and direction on international development projects.
- Work experience with the Government of Ethiopia, capacity building, adaptive management techniques, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Practices.
- Demonstrated experience developing long-standing and trusted relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Technical knowledge and applicable experience in the design, management and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning approaches and tools on donor programs.
- Strong understanding of and experience with USAID policies and procedures.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party on USAID-funded contracts and contracting agreements, and prior experience managing large and similarly complex USAID MEL support contract highly preferred.
- Prior demonstrated experience managing personnel, funds and resources for multi-year, multi-task projects.
- Previous experience in sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Ethiopia.
- Experience managing USG-issued contracts or otherwise demonstrated knowledge of USG Federal Acquisition Requirements.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and demonstrated ability to exercise overall quality control, meeting high technical and editorial standards in written products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.