Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing a one-year extension of the DG MESA to provide the USAID DG office with flexible, demand-driven, technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities. This includes monitoring and evaluation technical support to the DG office for performance management at three levels: the DG Results Framework, which includes all IRs; individual project level Results Frameworks; and sectoral requirements – including sectors in which the DG office is engaged. There will be a field office based in Dhaka.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party to lead and manage all financial, administrative and technical aspects of this project, including managing a team of three full-time Bangladeshi staff. This is a full-time, one-year position based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
**Please Note: This is a partially unaccompanied post. Only adult spouse and adult children are authorized at post.**
- Serve as principal responsibility for management of all aspects of the contract and serve as the primary point of contract with USAID/Bangladesh on day-to-day implementation and management issues; supervising the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the project.
- Provide strategic vision and overall leadership, and ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high quality services from both long-term staff and incoming short-term consultants.
- Ensure timely information on the progress and status of all activities, including but not limited to the timely delivery of required reports; and ensure the USAID-compliance and integrity operations.
- Conceptualize, deliver, and arrange for the delivery of high-quality MEL interventions for USAID/Bangladesh, partner Missions, IPs, and other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree and minimum six years of relevant experience overseeing similar projects and technical activities; OR Ph.D. and minimum four years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with implementing partners, clients and donors.Proven facilitation and client facing skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication in English.
- Proven MEL skills ranging in performance management, monitoring (including third party monitoring), reviewing activity and project MEL plans, oversight of data collection and data quality, strengthening M&E capacity.
- Proven ability to understand client needs, develop appropriate solutions, lead large teams, oversee subcontractors, and manage complex programs.
- Experience with USAID required.
- Demonstrated experience in Chief of Party or similar positions, guiding and providing quality assurance on complex activities.
- Experience leading projects and M&E activities in the democracy and governance sector is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Bangladesh.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.