1. Program Management of Planning, Implementation, and Monitoring ActivitiesDefine, gain consensus, and redefine the vision guiding implementation; identify and pursue targets of opportunity
- Develop a work plan with team members and direct and monitor execution of activities within the work plan throughout implementation
- Oversee the development of required deliverables essential for successful contract performance, including monitoring all Task Order work plans to ensure quality control and timely delivery of such deliverables
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Allocate/reallocate contract resources, manage project budget, and ensure financial health for the project
2. Personnel Management
- Motivate staff to perform effectively toward project objectives, through communication, team building incentives, and responsiveness
- Create a positive working environment for all staff and ensure growth and professional development opportunities
- Define personnel needs and scopes of work
3. Communications and Information Management
- Maintain communication throughout the project with Client, team, home office, subcontractors, and other relevant project organizations
- Make formal and informal presentations on request by Client or as needed for other parties, including government ministries, stakeholder meetings, and professional groups
Prepare periodic reports to Client on progress towards project objectives
4. Contract Management
- Execute contract in compliance with contract provisions
- Manage contract and project finances (budget and funds)
- Develop input for and guide response to audit questions and client feedback
- Manage commodity procurement, inventory and general logistics
- Oversee the performance of partners/sub-awardees
- Provide oversight, guidance, and technical expertise
- Ensure quality control of all technical deliverable
- Carry out technical tasks, as required
- Participate in effective information sharing and knowledge management
6. Other Duties and Responsibilities as Related to Assignment and Position
- Develop and maintain systems that promote the safety and security of all team members
- Support identification of growth opportunities in the region for QED and participate in business development as needed
- Other duties as requested by QED Management and/or Project Director
- Minimum 10-15 years of international management experience
- Prior substantive experience as Chief of Party on USAID-funded projects for regionally based projects spanning multiple countries, with a desired emphasis in MEL
- Advanced university degree in relevant subject areas
- Substantial technical experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably for USAID
- Experience in Asia preferred
- Proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision‐making, communication and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener
- Excellent level of skill in written and spoken English proficiency required
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.