Chief of Party (COP)
The primary responsibilities of the COP are to provide overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. The COP must identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate activity adjustments. This individual must act as the key liaison between
USAID/Uganda and all other counterparts, implementing partners and Government of Uganda officials involved with the activity. The position requires significant coordination skills, technical knowledge, and private sector experience to ensure coherence and consistency in spite of urgent deadlines. Experience in developing countries, particularly experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, is preferred.
COP Education Expectations : The COP must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical area such as business, economics, or rural and economic development. A master’s degree in business administration, economics, rural development, or another relevant field is desired.
COP Experience – Expected Qualifications
- Fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of international development, investment facilitation, banking, business development service management, policy-making, or private sector development is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) fund management, transaction facilitation, investment banking, financial modeling, public private partnership facilitation, and public-private dialogue in the Sub-Saharan Africa context and institution coalition building in developing economies is desirable.
- Prior experience as chief of party, deputy chief of party or senior technical advisor for projects of similar complexity and financial size, with demonstrated experience managing a diverse team/s of professionals, and with administrative, procurement, hiring, recruitment, financial and logistical aspects of activity implementation is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and communicate a common vision to partners from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams is desirable.
- Demonstrated, excellent writing and spoken English skills are required.