DAI seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded tourism development project in Timor-Leste. The goal of the project will be to assist the Government of Timor-Leste in developing a tourism strategy and increasing competitiveness and economic growth.
Chief of Party responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical, administrative and financial oversight of the project.
- Ensure timely design, implementation, and evaluations of program interventions and deliverables.
- Serve as DAI’s point of contact with USAID/Timor-Leste.
- Liaise with a range of public and private sector actors, as well as donors active in Timor-Leste.
Chief of Party qualifications:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (economics, business, tourism, etc.).
- Prior Chief of Party experience in tourism development, institutional strengthening, or competitiveness.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing complex and multi-faceted donor-funded projects (experience with USAID-funded projects preferred).
- Experience developing and managing public-private partnerships, preferably in the tourism sector.
- Demonstrated experience building institutional capacity and designing intervention that foster private sector investment.
- Proven experience in building capacity of local staff and counterparts.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Portuguese and/or Tetum a plus.