DAI seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated agriculture, resilience and livelihoods project in the Khatlon region of Tajikistan. The anticipated project is expected to assist the Government of Tajikistan to sustainably reduce hunger, malnutrition, and poverty of smallholder farmers by developing more productive and efficient agriculture systems, building the resilience of smallholders and improving the enabling environment to facilitate sustainable and long term ag-led growth.
The COP will provide overall leadership, management and technical direction of the entire program to ensure an integrated vision and successful achievement of SALT objectives. S/he will be responsible for overall technical direction and project implementation, including field team mobilization and leadership; development and implementation of work plans, operational budgets, and performance monitoring plans; coordination with the USAID mission, government officials, other donors and partner organizations, and ensuring achievement of project results and objectives. The COP will supervise key project staff and ensure team cohesion.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation and guide appropriate program adjustments;
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, Government of Tajikistan counterparts and community stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities.
- Lead annual work-planning development process, implementation of workplan activities, and delivery of annual targets;
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with other USAID Central Asia projects;
- Oversee multiple activities simultaneously, including hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising local personnel;
- Build the capacity of local staff in both technical and managerial skills; and ensure project compliance with local laws, USAID policies, and DAI policies and procedures.
- Graduate degree in related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in agriculture and/or market systems development preferably in Tajikistan, but significant experiences in other Central Asian regions will be considered;
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience working as Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party or other management role on projects of similar complexity;
- Demonstrated management and supervisory experience on complex, donor funded projects;
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering collaborative partnerships;
- Strong communications and technical skills, fluent in English, with a preference for additional proficiency in the Russian language;
- Understanding and knowledge of USAID and USG regulations, administration, management, reporting procedures and systems is preferred.
The Chief of Party will report to the DAI Home Office Project Team Director.