International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Chief of Party, Senegal
Department/Location: Dakar, Senegal
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible
for overtime pay.
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated RFP for a multi-year monitoring, evaluation, and learning project in Senegal that will include performance management, assessment, quantitative and qualitative research, and CLA components. The position will be based in Dakar, Senegal and it is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Chief of Party will be responsible for financial, management, and technical leadership of the project. He or she will be responsible for overseeing the completion of all deliverables and overall compliance under the contract.
These duties will entail:
- Provide overall management, guidance, and direction to the project team;
- Develop and oversee contract work plans and budgets in line with contractual requirements and by using a facilitative management approach;
- Overseeing all quality assurance, control, and reporting;
- Serving as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all activities under the contract and establishing appropriate mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported;
- Coordinating and collaborating with donor clients, implementing partners, and stakeholders;
- Representing the project and IBTCI with senior U.S. Government staff, implementing partners, and government officials;
- Adhering to U.S. Government, IBTCI, and local government rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures;
- Ensuring the financial health of the contract and managing all fiduciary duties in a responsible and professional manner;
- Responsible for overseeing sub-contractor’s work and performance as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in managing multi-million dollar international development programs;
- At least three years prior experience as a COP on a USAID-funded award;
- Previous experience managing M&E support projects, CLA, or complex projects in a humanitarian, development, or transition context.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills required.
- Oral and written fluency in English and French required.
Education: A graduate degree in international affairs, social science, or a related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building of local institutions, including knowledge of learning and facilitative approaches.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Senegal is highly desirable.
- Previous experience managing sub-contractors is desirable.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel in and around Senegal is essential. An average of 25%-35% travel for project implementation and/or project management duties. Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs. Regional travel may be necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.