Tetra Tech’s International Development Services,based in Arlington, VA, is recruiting for a Chief of Party (COP) to be mobilized to Central Asia to support the implementation of USAID’s Power Central Asia (PCA) Activity. The position is full-time and is contingent upon contract award. The Chief of Party will provide overall technical, administrative, and financial management leadership and oversight to the project. S/he will be responsible for all project deliverables and reporting. S/he will serve as the main point of contact with Tetra Tech’s home office, USAID, partners, and project counterparts. This job is fixed term for the remaining life of the project through April 2025.
- Work closely with technical leads to achieve defined project results, produce deliverables on schedule, and build successful partnerships with stakeholders, counterparts and donors.
- Manage the preparation of the project’s progress report, work-plans and other contractual deliverables.
- Supervise the project’s crosscutting personnel and activities training, monitoring and evaluation, communications, gender integration and environmental compliance.
- Manage work-planning, activity design, scheduling and implementation, drafting technical justifications for USAID approvals, and reporting and budgeting.
- Coordinate with the home office and the Operations Director on the sourcing, recruiting, hiring and deployment and on-boarding of staff, consultants and subcontractors.
- Maintain and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns.
- Act as a liaison to the headquarters office in Arlington, VA for day-to-day problem solving.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- MA/MS with 13 years of experience or PhD with 8 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 10 years providing management and leadership on high profile on USAID or other donor-funded projects, preferably in the energy sector.
- Supervisory experience in the international development industry, specifically with long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
- Ability to establish solid working relationships with high-level/senior national and local government officials, the private sector and civil society.
- A proven record of excellent management, strong administrative and organizational skills, strategic thinking and decision-making, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including being a strong writer and articulate speaker.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent leadership skills including strategic thinking, decision-making, oral and written communications, ability to motivate and collaborate with others to achieve team goals.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) is required.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Fluency in any Central Asian native language, as well as Russian, is a plus.
Line management responsibility:
- Supervises key personnel, technical leads in cross-cutting areas
- Manages entire program
Physical demands & work environment:
- Office setting
- Regional travel will be required
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.